The SVS endowment fund amounts to $11.5M, of which $9.8M is permanently restricted. The annual draw from endowments for scholarship is approximately $250,000 and $500,000 for operations.
Full–Time or Part–Time Development Consultant, Arvo Pärt Project
The Arvo Pärt Project at St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary seeks a 20–40 hour a week fundraising professional to locate and secure donations for a very high–profile, short term project.
- To find new donors and follow up on existing prospects, while creating and implementing fundraising strategies with the assistance of the existing Project team and under the direction of the team leader
- Written, phone, and face–to–face contact with prospects to secure donations and pledges; travel
- Hit the ground running and work within the tight time–frame of the project
- Minimum of five to seven years of progressive major gift fundraising experience
- Demonstrated fundraising and project management success
- An individual who is comfortable working with high net worth prospects
- Proven teamwork capabilities
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and high degree of initiative
- Excellent written communication, research, and organizational skills
- Arts/music background helpful
- Computer/database literacy a must
- Based in the New York City metropolitan area a plus but not required
The Arvo Pärt Project will offer a six–month (renewable) contract with clear fundraising expectations aligning with project milestones. Successful execution will likely open the potential to contract with SVOTS for future philanthropy projects.
For more information or to submit a resume, contact:
Dr. Nicholas Reeves, Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org