Event Cancellation Refund Policy: St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary
Event Cancellation Refund Policy
Event cancellation by the Seminary
St. Vladimir’s Orthodox Theological Seminary may cancel an event due to low registration or other circumstances that would make the event non-viable.
- When an event is cancelled by St. Vladimir’s Orthodox Theological Seminary, all registrants will be offered a full refund for the entire cost of the event (including paid registration, room and board costs, and program fees).
- Registrants, however, will not be reimbursed for any fees or costs associated with travel, so the Seminary encourages registrants to purchase travel insurance when making travel arrangements to attend events.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option either to receive a full refund or to transfer registration to the same event on the new date.
Registration cancellation by participants
Because the Seminary often incurs catering and/or rental expenses based upon the number of attendees, the Seminary has adopted the following policy regarding refunds of event registration fees and costs:
- You may cancel your registration for an event and receive a full refund by notifying the Seminary at least 5 business days before the start of an event (unless otherwise stated on registration materials).
- Cancellations received within the stated deadline (at least 5 business days before the start of an event), although eligible for a full refund, may still be subject to a nominal cancellation fee. If a cancellation fee applies, it will be noted on registration materials.
- Cancellations received after the stated deadline (at least 5 business days before the start of an event) will not be eligible for a refund. In that instance, consideration for a refund may be requested in writing and postmarked within 5 business days after the conclusion of the event; but a refund is not guaranteed. Correspondence may be sent to Special Events Coordinator, St. Vladimir’s Seminary / 575 Scarsdale Road / Yonkers, NY 10707.
- Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event and who have not notified the Seminary of their intention to cancel their registration in accordance with the stated deadline (at least 5 business days before the start of an event), whether or not their request is subsequently made in writing.
- Cancellations will be accepted via phone (914-961-8313 x330) or e-mail (email@example.com) and must be received by the stated deadline (at least 5 business days before the start of an event).
- Refunds may take up to 30 business days to process.
- In lieu of cancelling a registration, a registrant may send a substitute participant in his or her place, but the Seminary still must be notified about the substitution prior to the start of the event.