Position Open for Assistant Librarian
St. Vladimir's Seminary is seeking to hire an Assistant Librarian for its campus library, located in the state-of-the-art John G. Rangos Family Building. The seminary library currently holds more than 142,000 volumes and receives over 350 periodicals and serves the needs of faculty, students, and visiting scholars.
The Assistant Librarian will report to the Head Librarian, Ms. Eleana Silk, and will be responsible for managing the seminary's inter-library loan program and teaching information literacy. Applicants will be considered for part-time or possibly full-time appointment, depending upon qualifications.
Duties of the Assistant Librarian include helping the Head Librarian with:
- Managing the circulation desk
- Answering reference questions
- Cataloging materials as assigned
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications for the position include:
- MLIS or MLS degree
- Experience in inter-library loan (+2 years)
- Recent cataloging experience in an academic setting, with knowledge of OCLC (+2 years)
- Knowledge of Koha software
- Knowledge of European and Eastern Europe languages
Applicants may send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 1, 2010.
Read all of our SVOTS employment opportunties.