Father Nicholas Solak is a graduate of St. Vladimir's Seminary; first in 2002 with an M.Div. degree and again in 2008 with a D.Min. Degree. He was ordained to the priesthood in February 2002. Prior to attending St. Vladimir's Seminary, Fr. Nicholas worked for 10 years in prisons delivering cognitive-behavioral treatment to criminal offenders with drug and alcohol addiction histories. He also has experience working with the 12-Step Program in treating drug and alcohol addicts. Since graduating from St. Vladimir's Seminary with his M.Div. degree, he has been the parish priest at Holy Trinity Orthodox Church in Stroudsburg, PA where he lives with his wife and three children.
- D.Min. St. Vladimir's Seminary, 2008
- M.Div. St. Vladimir's Seminary, 2002
- Co-Presenter with Dr. Al Rossi at St. Vladimir's Summer Workshop: "Pastoral Counseling: Conflict Resolution Skills," 2013.
- Guest Lecturer at St. Tikhon's Orthodox Theological Seminary: "Preaching Stewardship in the Parish Setting"
- Speaker for Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry: "Substance Abuse, the Criminal Offender, and Prison Ministry," October, 2008.
Supervisor for the Prison Ministry Field Education at St. Vladimir's Seminary, 2011 to present.
- Dean of Wilkes-Barre Deanery: Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania, October 2012 to present.
- Diocesan Council Member, Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania 2004 to Present.
- Member of the OCA Department of Pastoral Life and Ministry 2006 – 2008.
- Committee Member of the Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania Liturgical Life Committee.
- Committee Member of the Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania Episcopal Search Committee.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Specialist for the PA Department of Corrections (5 years) and Federal Bureau of Prisons (5 years) 1989–1999.