This autumn, we will welcome new faces—and old faces in new positions—as we begin our Fall semester.
We greet our new employees:
- David Wagschal, an SVOTS alumnus (’02), joins us as an Instructor in Church History and Director of Admissions and Financial Aid.
- Fr. Benedict Churchill, another SVOTS alumnus (’10), will assume his duties as Associate Director of SVS Press.
- Gregory Hatrak, former Bookstore Manager at St. Tikhon’s Seminary, comes on board as our new Bookstore Operations Manager.
- Matushka Thekla Hatfield, as a seasoned clergy wife, will coordinate our campus Wives’ Group.
We also wish our current employees well in their new positions:
- Fr. Alexander Rentel, former Instructor in Liturgics and current chapel Ecclesiarch, has been appointed as Assistant Professor in Canon Law and the “John and Paraskeva Skvir Lecturer in Practical Theology,” an Academic Chair founded by our beloved Trustee Emerita, Elsie Skvir Nierle.
- Dr. Peter Bouteneff, in addition to being Associate Professor of Systematic Theology at SVOTS, will take on the role of Director of Personal Formation for all M.Div. students.
- Dr. Kate Behr, Professor of English at Concordia College, will be an Adjunct Professor of Literature at SVOTS, as well as the “Our Community” section writer for our Web site and our institutional Facebook page writer.
- Fr. Steven J. Belonick will step down from his former position as Associate Dean for Student Affairs and, because of his long-time pastoral and parish experience, become our Campus Chaplain.
- Fr. David Meyzynski, former Dean of Students at St. Tikhon’s Seminary, will act as Associate Dean for Student Affairs.
- Hdn. Philip Majkrzak, former Director of Music at St. Herman’s Seminary, will conduct our liturgical services as Chapel Choir Director.
- George Kokonas, our steadfast Systems Support Specialist, has moved up as Director of IT.
- Deborah Belonick, in addition to her duties as Advancement Officer, will assume the position of Managing Editor and News and Events section writer for our Website.