Download the full schedule. 
Save the date of Saturday, October 6, 2012, for our annual Open House, Orthodox Education Day (OED). This year's theme will be "Inklings of Glory: Godward Journeys with Lewis and Tolkien," and features of the day will include:
Lecture by Priest Andrew Cuneo  (SVOTS alumnus '10), the first Oxford University scholar ever to receive a doctoral degree on C.S. Lewis, and currently the founding priest of St. Katherine of Alexandria Orthodox Mission in Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California. Father Andrew will be speaking about "Christian Themes in C.S. Lewis."
- Book Study for your parish book clubs or personal interest! Father Andrew Cuneo, an expert on the writings and thought of C.S. Lewis will lead a discussion on the book The Abolition of Man; please bring your book and thinking caps!
Lecture by Dr. Christopher Mitchell , director of the Marion E. Wade Center  at Wheaton College, which houses a major research collection by and about seven British authors, including J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. View a lecture by Dr. Mitchell, "Lewis and Tolkien: Scholars and Friends," here. 
- Weeping Icon of St. Anna from St. Tikhon's Monastery displayed for public veneration
- Early morning Divine Liturgy, mid-day Akathist service, Panikhida and Vespers, with His Eminence, The Most Rev. Tikhon, archbishop of Philadelphia and Eastern Pennsylvania, presiding at the liturgical services; also serving will be His Grace The Rt. Rev. Michael, bishop of New York, and New York and New Jersey, and administrator of the Orthodox Church in America..
- Seminary library display of icons from the British Isles
- Sacred music choral performance
- Traditional national dance—including a champion Irish step dancer from the Inishfree School of Irish Dance!
- Variety of ethnic foods
Spread the word about "Inklings of Glory" with your friends, family, and parish family!