Please use our 2016 #GT Toolkit & other resources attached below to join in our ministry!
This year, we've set a goal of $60,000 on #GivingTuesday, with a matching gift of $60,000! But, we know we're all able to exceed that goal: last year we set a goal of $50,000 with a matching gift of $50,000, and guess what? You gave from your hearts and donated $98,000; with the matching gift, that totaled $148,000! Let’s #give2svots!
How Can You Minister with Us?
Of course, you may donate to help us reach our $60,000 goal...but you may also encourage others to give by sharing why you gave. Follow us on social media for updates on our progress—and we'll follow you as well!
Because we believe in giving, we’ll be tithing 10% of whatever we raise on #GivingTuesday. This year’s recipient? IEIRA, an online university in Guatemala that will give hope and a future through higher education to the Orthodox Christian youth of Hogar Rafael Ayau and San Miguel de Lago orphanages, which are under the auspices of Holy Trinity Monastery and its abbess, Madre Inés. Remember: when you #give2svots you not only double your gift, you give twice!
Ways to Get Involved
Join the team
Our #GivingTuesday 2016 Toolkit will tell you everything you need to know.
Make a gift
Support St. Vladimir’s with a gift of any size!
- Give online between 12 am - 11:59 pm EST on November 29, 2016
- Give over the phone – we’ll be here at 914-961-8313 x 317 between 8 am and 10:00 pm EST (send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after 10:00 pm EST)
- Mail us your check dated November 29, 2016, to 575 Scarsdale Rd, Yonkers, NY, 10707 (it would help us if you write “#GivingTuesday” on the memo!)
Spread the word
Find ideas on how to involve your parish in our helpful attachments (below): blurbs for your parish bulletin, fliers, and coffee hour ideas are included!
Tell everyone how you plan to #give2svots this #GivingTuesday. Share our posts, and Like/Follow us on social media. You can also email us your photos at email@example.com to be shared on our social media pages.
St. Vladimir’s Seminary Accounts
Use these sample posts, or use some from our "Be a Social Media Star" attachment (below)
- I’m going to #give2svots today and double my gift! Visit svots.edu/givingtuesday to learn how you can too! #GivingTuesday
- Join us as we celebrate our mission of serving others. Make a gift and spread the word on Nov 29! #give2svots svots.edu/givingtuesday
- Today’s the day for giving back! My cause is St. Vladimir’s Seminary. What’s yours? #GivingTuesday #give2svots
Post our video links in your social media channels
#GivingTuesday Video #1 : Introducing our SVOT's #GivingTuesday 2016 partner: IEIRA, an online university in Guatemala that will give hope and a future through higher education to the Orthodox Christian youth of Hogar Rafael Ayau and San Miguel de Lago orphanages
#GivingTuesday Video #2 : Meet Carlos, Armando, Christopher, and Jorge, Guatemalan youth who will get a second chance in life by attending, IEIRA, the online university that is SVOTS's #GivingTuesday 2016 partner.
Use our graphics with our "Be a Social Media Star" blurbs in the attachment (below)
Use these Facebook covers leading up to and on #GivingTuesday
Use these images on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram