Registration Deadline: Thursday, May 18 [Fall 2023]
Drop-Add Deadline: Friday, September 8
Submit the completed registration form (including approved thesis proposal and signed NYTC cross-registration form) to Gabrielle Russin, Registrar, by the registration deadline. Students who register after the deadline will be charged a late registration fee of $50. Subsequent requests to change registration are emailed to the Academic Dean. The following registrations require special permission:
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE). M.Div. students with second-year standing are required to complete one unit of ACPE-accredited CPE in a hospital setting. Students register for CPE by meeting with Fr Adrian Budica, Supervisor of Clinical Pastoral Education, and submitting the CPE registration form with required signatures.
- Continuation Registration. Students who have finished all coursework but have not completed their thesis or final project by the thesis submission deadline, which is posted on the academic calendar, or other program requirement, e.g., CPE or the M.Div. Senior Oral Exam, by the deadline for graduating students must register for continuation and pay the continuation fee in the following semester(s) in order to remain degree candidates. Failure to register for continuation and pay the fee will cause the student to be administratively withdrawn from the program. In the event that the student is unable to complete the thesis or project even after continuation registration(s), the permanent grade W (Withdrawal) will be entered on the student's transcript.
- Hybrid Courses. Hybrid courses are comprised of online learning and a seminar-style onsite intensive. During the first eight weeks of a hybrid course, students complete weekly assignments, working with the course instructor through recorded lectures and threaded discussions in eCampus. The instructor is available for "virtual office hours" via Skype and phone calls. In the ninth week of the course, students prepare for an onsite intensive session during the following week, when the instructor joins the students on campus for seminar-style presentations. After the intensive, students complete the course online and conclude the hybrid term with a summative paper or project. Auditors are not permitted in hybrid courses.
- Master of Theology Seminars. Qualified M.A./M.Div. students (i.e., those with one year of Biblical or Classical Greek, second- or third-year standing, and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5) are permitted to register for Th.M. seminars, as long as these courses do not conflict with degree program requirements. Students must also meet the normal prerequisites for the course in which they seek to enroll and receive permission of the Academic Dean. Auditors are not permitted in Master of Theology seminars.
- New York Theological Consortium (NYTC) Cross-Registration. Th.M. students and qualified M.A./M.Div. students (i.e., those with second- or third-year standing and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5) are permitted to take up to six credits of course work in the Theology Department at Fordham University and the other schools of the New York Theological Consortium (Union Theological Seminary, The General Theological Seminary, New York Theological Seminary, and Hebrew Union College), as long as these courses do not conflict with seminary program requirements. (See also NYTC criteria, obligations, and privileges.) Students must meet the normal prerequisites for the courses in which they seek to enroll and comply with the enrollment procedures required by St. Vladimir's Seminary and consortium schools. Permission of the Academic Dean is required before St. Vladimir's students may begin the enrollment process.
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, August 23 [Fall 2023]
Drop-Add Deadline: Friday, September 8
A. If a student has NOT previously registered for a course at St. Vladimir's Seminary, then he or she should:
- Contact Alexandru Popovici, Academic & Recruitment Advisor, to complete the seminary's basic application form.
- Complete the course registration form, which is posted under "Forms"; see also the booklist and elective course descriptions under "Resources."
- Submit the completed registration form to Gabrielle Russin, Student Affairs Administrator, enclosing a check to "St. Vladimir's Seminary" for tuition and registration.
B. If a student HAS previously registered for a course at St. Vladimir's, then he or she should:
- Contact Gabrielle Russin, Student Affairs Administrator, to reactivate the account by providing current contact information (name, address, phone, email address, etc.).
- Complete the registration form, which is posted under "Forms"; see also the booklist and elective course descriptions under "Resources."
- Submit the completed registration form to Gabrielle, enclosing a check to "St. Vladimir's Seminary" for tuition and registration.
"Note: As soon as the registration request has been processed, the seminary's tech department creates an electronic account authorizing the student to access Canvas, the electronic forum for seminary courses, and notifies the student of his or her login and password."